Monday 26 January 2015

Mixed Media Home

Hello, Friends!
Our lovely Elena prepared a new inspiring project that is bound to touch your hearts.
She also shares a tutorial video so we hope you'll feel tempted to create a special canvas for a wall in your Home...


Hello friends!
I hope your weekend was fun and full of sweet moments. I'd like to inspire you today with my new canvas. I also prepared a short video that you will find below.


I used my most favorite products. First, I added some texture with Light Paste. Then I mixed transparent 3D Gloss Gel with Primary Elements and glitter and applied this mixture through the stencil. I love this recipe!

As usual for all the glueing, I used Soft Gel. It holds all the elements perfectly and helps to create some dimension. After everything dried, I added the colors. I used a dry brush to sprinkle the whole work with Primary Elements and added some water. Everything is quite easy and looks beautiful and sparkly!


I love mixed-media for working on the details. This time I started with using Distress Ink, then added some White Gesso - I watered it down a little and sprinkled my work with it.

Then I felt an urge to add some gold and Inka Gold helped me out with this task. This is almost it!
Just attch a hook on the backside of the canvas and here it is - a wonderful piece for decorating your room!
Enjoy the video!



Enjoy your creativity and inspirations!
Hugs
Elena

Materials used:

15 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful.

Belinda Basson said...

Wow, I love the way the pigments explode onto the canvas when you add water!

Unknown said...

Very cool technique with the pigments. Can't wait to try that out!!!

Katia said...

thank you for showing your creative process, is really amazing, your canvas is divine

K.C. said...

Beautiful work!

famillemarleau said...

It's gorgeous. Great tutorial. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Kathy Bradley said...

Just watched your wonderful tutorial on YouTube - and your canvas is absolutely gorgeous and your layout wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Yasmin said...

Fantastic Video Elena! I love all you make! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

mamablitger said...

Oh I LOVE your canvas. Fabulous work. Gorgeous colors. And such a great work adding a video !! Love it. Thank you so very MUCH...
Awesome !!!!!
Hugs from Monica... Spain

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Wow stunning!!

Linda Devine said...

Truly lovely and very inspiring!

Linda said...

Very beautiful. You make it look so easy. I love the effect when you spray the mica powder with water and the colours explode! I will definitely try that.

Jennie Wren said...

Seriously fab. Stunning. What are the dinky little pots of colour (green, brown, blue)??

Carol McCready said...

Such a beautiful project and a great video. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...